Aids definition & fat loss
How does it work?Guggul Complex
is a formula designed specificially to promote the loss of stubborn body fat. Bad health, illness, inactivity or years of yo-yo dieting can lower thyroid hormone levels. This makes it very difficult to lose weight. Guggul Complex
provides several nutrients known to have a positive effect on thyroid hormone levels, making weight loss faster and easier.
Per one capsule:
Guggul extract (Standardised to 10% Gugglesterones): 250 milligrams
Extract (standardised to 25% gymnemic acids): 200 milligrams
Coleus Forskohlii extract (Standardised to 20% Forskolin): 50 milligrams
Extract: 5 milligrams
(Black pepper extract): 5 milligrams
Iodine (from Kelp): 100 micrograms
How does it work?
No matter how hard they try, most people lose fat from their arms and shoulders instead of around their waist, hips, or thighs. The moment you cut back on calories, your body lowers its metabolic rate. Losing the first few pounds is easy. Studies show that your metabolic rate can slow after just four days on a low calorie diet and exercise programme. The longer the diet lasts, the worse it gets. What this means is that you'll have to gradually eat less and less to continue losing weight. Guggul Complex
promotes weight loss by supplying several nutrients that support normal thyroid function and increase the metabolic rate.
Guggul extract is a mixture of several plant lipids isolated from the plant Commiphora Mukul (also called Gum Guggul). Carefully planned scientific studies over a period of two years show that Guggul extract reduces bodyweight in animals. In one study carried in the journal Current Therapeutic Research, test subjects using a guggulsterone-based supplement lost fat three times faster compared to those using diet and exercise alone . Following the six-week program, the group using the guggulsterone-based supplement lost 9.5 pounds of fat, compared to 3.1 pounds in those who just followed the diet and exercise programme. When the research team measured thyroid activity in three of the subjects, they found an 8-10% increase in thyroid hormone levels.
In ancient Indian texts, gymnema is referred to as gurmar, which means sugar killer. Gymnema will provide benefits for anyone trying to lose weight, especially in terms of appetite control and food cravings. Gymnema appears to increase the effectiveness of insulin rather than causing your body to produce more . As with other natural ingredients for control of blood sugar and insulin levels, such as banaba leaf, a common side effect is weight loss - probably due to a combination of appetite suppression and control of food cravings (especially for carbohydrates and sweets).
Forskolin is a plant extract taken from the roots of the Coleus Forskohlii plant. It's use dates back several hundred years as a pickle or food spice in East Indian diets. However, the use of Forskolin as a means to promote fat loss has only recently been discovered. The early research is extremely promising. Not only does Forskolin speed up fat loss, it can also help to preserve (and even increase) lean muscle mass, and is supported by a US Patent (# 5,804,596).
In one study, six overweight women were given forskolin extract twice daily for eight weeks. Participants were asked to maintain their normal diet and physical activity levels. Results showed that test subjects lost an average of 10 pounds - without making significant changes to their diet or activity levels. Unlike stimulant-based supplements, Forskolin caused no noticeable changes in heart rate and blood pressure.
A second study, conducted by supplement expert Dr. Richard Kreider, shows equally impressive results. Subjects given forskolin lost body weight, and also tended to feel fuller without making changes to their diet. According to Dr. Kreider, "... a thermogenic supplement containing coleus forskohlii
can promote weight loss without the typical loss of muscle mass observed in weight loss studies." Grapefruit Naringin
is suitable for anyone who wants to increase the absorption and effectiveness of the supplements they use. Taking Naringin
at the same time as other nutrients, especially those designed to promote weight loss by elevating the metabolic rate - such as Forskolin or Guggulsterones
- increases the length of time these nutrients remain in your body. On its own, Naringin
has very little benefit. However, studies shown that naringin
interferes with enzymatic activity in the intestines and, thus, with the breakdown of certain nutrients resulting in higher blood levels .
(Black pepper extract)
® is a standardized piperine extract obtained from the fruits of the black pepper and/or long pepper plants. It has little effect on weight loss, lean muscle gain or sporting performance. Rather, the main effect of Bioperine
® is to enhance the bioavailability of various nutrients consumed with it .
Iodine (from Kelp)
Iodine is a trace mineral that is concentrated in the thyroid. It helps to create thyroid hormone, which is important for maintaining your metabolic rate .
How do I use it?
Take 3 capsules daily, split throughout the day with food.
What results can I expect?
Most Guggul Complex
users notice that their rate of fat loss returns to normal after using Guggul Complex
. Combined with the right training programme and a sensible diet, you can safely lose 2-3 pounds of fat each week.
1. Rosenbaum, M., Hirsch, J., & Leibel, R.L. (2000). Effects of changes in body weight on carbohydrate metabolism, catecholamine excretion, and thyroid function. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 71, 1421-1432
2. Shanmugasundaram ER, Rajeswari G, Baskaran K, Rajesh Kumar BR, Radha Shanmugasundaram K, Kizar Ahmath B. (1990). Use of Gymnema sylvestre leaf extract in the control of blood glucose in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 30, 281-294
3. Antonio, J., Colker, C.M., Torina, G.C., & Shi, Q., Brink, W.D., & Kalman, D. (1999). Effects of a standardized guggulsterone phosphate supplement on body composition in overweight adults: A pilot study. Current Therapeutic Research Clinical and Experimental, 60, 220-227
4. Fuhr U, Klittich K, Staib AH. (1993). Inhibitory effect of grapefruit juice and its bitter principal, naringenin, on CYP1A2 dependent metabolism of caffeine in man. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 35, 431-436
5. Badmaev, V. V., Majeed, M., & Prakash, L. (2000). Piperine derived from black pepper increases the plasma levels of coenzyme q10 following oral supplementation. Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, 11, 109-113
6. Antonio, J., Colker, C.M., Torina, G.C., & Shi, Q., Brink, W.D., & Kalman, D. (1999). Effects of a standardized guggulsterone phosphate supplement on body composition in overweight adults: A pilot study. Current Therapeutic Research Clinical and Experimental, 60, 220-227
Buy Related Products from a Trusted Seller
This article is protected by international copyright protection ©2015.
Do not use this copy without reading this first
Click here to see the references for this article